Happy Birthday to Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Captain Cool). Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been one of the most successful captains for the India team in all formats. The 36-year-old cricketer holds numerous captaincy records. Under his captaincy, India team won many series and matches.
Let’s see Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s journey from his first debut match. Mahendra Singh Dhoni played his 1st ODI match on 23rd December 2004 against Bangladesh at Chittagong, test match debut on 2 December 2005 against Sri Lanka at Chennai and T20 debut of MSD on 1 December 2006 against South Africa at Johannesburg.
Mahi always Calm in every situation on the field and he always likes to play against Pakistan and Australia. Mahi’s favorite shot is Helicopter shot and Paddlesweep.
Here are the records of Mahendra Singh Dhoni as a captain for Team India:
- Most Wins as a Test Captain
MSD has captained India in 60 Test Matches and 27 test matches won out of 60 matches. And the team won 21 test matches out of 27 played in India.
- He Took Team India to Rank 1 in ICC Test Rankings
MSD is only first Indian captain who took India team to number 1 in test ranking for 18 months (2009-2011)
- T20 World Cup
Mahendra Singh Dhoni became the first Indian captain who won the ICC T20 trophy for the country, which was played in South Africa.
- 2011 ICC World Cup
Mahendra Singh Dhoni became the second Indian captain after Kapil Dev to win the ICC 50 over world cup for India. He completes the dream of Sachin Tendulkar and billions of Indian people.
- 2013 Champions Trophy
India won Champions Trophy, in which India defeated England by 5 runs and which made MSD have all three ICC trophies.
- ICC Team of the Year for 3 Consecutive years
Under Mahendra Singh Dhoni Indian was named as ICC team of the year in 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- Most centuries at the position of number 7 in ODIs.
- MSD recorded as most 6s in International Cricket as a captain.
- Most number of stumpings in International cricket.
- Mahi also recorded the highest score by a wicket-keeper batsman in ODIs (183 runs).
- As a captain won most T20 International matches.
- He is the 1st Indian wicket Keeper batsman who scored 4,000 test runs.
- Mahi is the 3rd skipper ever to have captained in 300 plus international matches after Stephan Fleming (303) and Ricky Ponting (324).
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni is the only one skipper to have captained 50 plus matches in all 2 formats.
- Also, he is the 1st Indian captain to win a Test series in New Zealand.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni will always be remembered as one of the most fortunate captains in the history of the cricket.