On Tuesday, Vodafone India announced that customers in Mumbai can now use 4GB of 4G data on 4G devices. When users upgrade to a 4G SIM card on a 4G devices. It is one time offer for Vodafone users after they upgrade across Mumbai.
It comes as a reprisal against the Reliance Jio’ plans. The new 4G Vodafone SIM cards now available at Vodafone Stores, Vodafone Mini Stores, also multi brand outlets across Mumbai.
Currently, Due to entrance of new telecom company Reliance Jio in Indian Telecom sector, all telecom companies are afraid of losing customers. Because of this all telecom company giving offers to their customers.
Now, Vodafone is giving free 4GB 4G data only to customers who has 4G device and upgrade their SIM to experience the Vodafone’s 4G network.
Company is giving to prepaid customers can enjoy this 1 time offer with 4G free data for a period of 10 days, and for postpaid customers company is giving the same 4G data till the next billing date of their connection. The 4GB data will be added to customer account after upgrading to Vodafone 4G SIM card.
Pushpinder Singh Gujral, Business Head Mumbai, Vodafone India said that “Vodafone is proud to be the preferred telecom services provider to over 9 million customers in Mumbai. We are offering 4GB data free for our customers to experience the benefits of our Data Strong Network and enjoy unparalleled mobile internet services.”
To avail this new offer user has to follow this steps:
- Get a SIM from any Vodafone Store
- To activate the 4G SIM, use you current number to SMS ‘SIMEX’ to 55199
- You will receive a SMS from 55199 with partial SIM number entered
- Then, you have to send last 6 digits of the new SIM number to 55199 within hours of receiving the SMS, in the SMS mentioned in the above step.
- After this you will receive success SMS, in 20 minutes your SIM will be activated.
- Replace your old SIM in the device with new 4G SIM and 4G services will begin you.